Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shameless promoting...

It's Thursday. You'll never catch me at a show on Thursday. Okay, that might not be true. I would be easily persuaded to attend a show if say, Interpol, were in town. But my point is, every Thursday I'm in the same place. Karma Koffee (formerly the Enclave) in DTW. Or once a month we're at the Beachland...but still...


I don't come here for the coffee. Or the atmosphere. Or even the company. Although, that also is not entirely true, as I'm usually with my best friend if I'm here on a Thursday.




What I come for is the drums.


Hand drums. Djembes. Tom-toms. Steel drums. Hell, there's even a man here with a guitar and some whose-its and what's-its galore.


Experimentation abounds. Someone throws down some beats, and it builds. It grows. If you're feeling disconnected from the world, perhaps you should come here. Reconnect. Make a new friend. Play something. Anything. There's no right or wrong. There just is.




And that, my friends, is my hippie notion for the week. (See ya next Thursday?)

No comments:

Post a Comment