Friday, May 13, 2011

luchadors! pigs! and angels! OH MY. erm...Of Montreal.




May 4th. A day I'll never forget.


Decided to trek to my first of Montreal show. Didn't really know what to expect. Got a tip off from a friend that they put on some wild shows. Boy, was that an understatement.


Luchadors. Pigs. Angels. Lead singer rockin' a mini skirt and putting every girl I know to shame. 50s housewife. Rotating singers while Kevin changed clothes. SIDE NOTE: The drummer (who is ADORABLE) has a great lounge singer voice. 


What you'll love about of Montreal: they're open, they're honest, they're upfront. No sugarcoating, lots of nonsense happening on stage. Great musicians. Awesome guitar riffs.


What will scare you: well, if you're close-minded, pretty much everything. Open your mind up, kids.


Opening band was Painted Palms. All I remember about them is that their videos made me think of the desert, the way the singer sang made me think of Middle Eastern music, and the bassist looked like Napoleon Dynamite, the hipster updated version.


Eh. I dug Painted Palms, but I don't know that I'd buy the album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment