Saturday, May 14, 2011

I think I just experienced dubstep last week. Whatever that was, I liked it. Went to a show on Friday May 6th, at the Grog Shop in Cleveland. Show featured MisterbradleyP, the Very Knees, Win Win and the Death Set.


What to say? MisterbradleyP spins some mad stuff. The Very Knees...I don't even know what to say. Pretty sure the band consisted of two dudes, but one was def dressed like a gal, and the other rocked the New Yorker thing hard. Their sound? eh...about that. Couldn't understand a single thing they sang. Liked when they rapped, liked their energy. I say, give 'em a few years to play out and figure out ho they sound performing andthey'll hit it.


Now, Win Win, TOTALLY rocked my life. Video screens, ill beats, seamlessness. Only thing missing? This lion. Fo sho.


The Death Set...ILL. Australian born, Brooklyn based, The Death Set sounds kind of like Beastie Boys had a love child with Sum41. Lots of mayhem on that stage. Hanging from the rafters, laying on the drums...just ILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment