Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here's five bands you should try on this summer: 


Now a five person ensemble, The Lighthouse and the Whaler delivers a sound that walks the line between indie and folk. This is the music you need for adventures. This is the music you'd hear lying in a field. This is what happiness sounds like. Amplified. 


Cults. Feels like you're floating. Love it.


I called it before, and I'll say it again: I think "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People is this generation's "Kids". If you like this, look for their album, Torches.


Temper Trap. My go-to band when I need motivated. This is what I listen to on the elliptical. This is what I listen to when I need to move. This is what you'll listen to whenever you need motivated. Or maybe it's just something you'll listen to. (I hope)


Frightened Rabbit will be crossing the pond this summer and even making a stop in Cleveland, OH. If you like them, I suggest you throw down the money on a ticket to their show at the Grog Shop. This Scottish band is rad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment