Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Drinkin' with Bach.

It's a Wednesday. Maybe you're at home, drinking a beer and watching some terrible television. Maybe you're at a bar, watching bad commercials and waiting for some sporting event to come on. But you should really be at the Happy Dog in Cleveland, witnessing what just might be the strangest musical experience I've encountered thus far.


Have you ever heard chamber music in a bar that doubles as a hot dog shoppe? Yeah, I thought you hadn't.


Tonight, we have some members of the world famous Cleveland Orchestra performing chamber pieces while people crack open PBRs.


This. Is. Odd.


Buuuut, it's also aurally stunning. These are top notch musicians. Classically trained and members of what arguably may be the best orchestra in the world. Here they are, wearing t-shirts. I mean, DAMN.


This is the stuff I live for.
And yeah, the vegan hot dog was damned good, too.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I love that you wrote this, and I hate that it took me so long to tell you this.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I got to experience it! Please keep me in the loop for future performances, I absolutely love the idea of chamber music in a non-traditional setting! Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete